At the very heart of the country's largest animal oils and fats production facility you'll find Nortech. With continuous 24/7 refining, production and packing processes the company delivers completely flexible and completely separate animal and vegetable based product ranges.
Applications are invited for a Mechanical Engineering Maintenance Apprentice at our Doncaster site. This is a full time permanent position (with study leave). As a Mechanical Engineering Maintenance Apprentice your duties and responsibilities will vary based on the Company’s requirements but will include:
• To work as part of the Maintenance Team ensuring all equipment is operating correctly.
• To conduct risk assessments on all jobs before undertaking any work/tasks.
• Ensure that all logs and job sheets are filled in as required.
• Ensure that all work is completed to a high standard, whilst complying with the Company’s Health and Safety requirements to ensure the safety of yourself and others.
• Ensure that the working area is clean and tidy on completion of any job/task.
• To install and maintain new and existing equipment, whilst ensuring production is not interrupted.
• To assist in any other duties when required.
You will be required to undertake additional company training in other disciplines to further develop and complement a full skill set needed for the role.
You will join a structured Advanced Apprenticeship programme where you will train to become a fully qualified Mechanical Engineer.
• Minimum grade C in GCSE Maths, English, Science and another technical subject, or equivalent.
• An enthusiastic individual with a flexible approach to their work.
• A keen desire to progress personally and to build a long-term future in an Engineering role.
• Accuracy and attention to detail with good literacy and numeracy skills.
• An inquisitive and questioning mind and a desire to learn from others.
• Good time management skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
Salary: Competitive Apprentice Salary and Benefits
Please apply online with your CV for this Mechanical Engineering Maintenance Apprentice role.
Closing Date - 31st May 2018
*No agencies are required for the recruitment of this role.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job