Are you a Mechanical bias Engineer looking to work for an OEM? Want to work for a business that offer job security, state of the art facilities and plenty of overtime opportunities? Then we want to hear from you!
The business operate within central England, however they are a global manufacturer of compressors, with over 30 sites and employ over 2000 staff. They have a strong team of engineers in the UK already, but due to growth they're looking to further strengthen the operation. With an ongoing training programme for all new staff, the business mentor from within due to being an OEM.
Benefits include a salary of between £27 - £30K depending on experience, overtime paid at Time & ½ for weekday and Saturday, double time Sundays, 33 days holiday including bank holidays, workplace pension, profit share bonus annually, and various other benefits.
Based in the workshop, working hours are 7:30am - 4:30pm Mon to Thurs, with a 1:30pm finish on Friday.
Possible opportunities to become field based to support customers with on site repairs and servicing, for someone looking for progression into a field role.
Role and responsibilities
- Carrying out complete overhaul, repair and servicing of rotating equipment
- Fault finding and diagnosing of issues
- Mechanical repairs, strip out, dis assembly and re assembly of compressors
- Occasional use of milling, grinding and turning lathes, and welding machines
- Final inspection and testing of refurbished or repairs units
- Working from detailed engineering drawings
We would love to hear from you if you've had experience in the following -
- Previously worked as mechanical technician, mechanical service engineer or workshop technician
- Mechanical qualifications or a proven career history with engineering and fitting
- Be able to fault find and diagnose issue on all compressed air systems and ancillary equipment
- Flexible approach towards overtime
- Excellent communication, written and numeracy skills
This is a genuine opportunity for a professional person who is highly motivated and can adopt a flexible approach to problem solving within a team environment. With extremely low staff turnover, this business pride themselves on nurturing staff from within, whilst building strong team work ethics so that each team member supports the next one.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however, we will keep your details on our talent management system to consider you for future opportunities.
- dis assembly
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'