Mechanical Engineer / Mechanical Design Engineer / Mechanical Systems Engineer- Aircraft Weapons Carriage Systems
Excellent career progression, competitive salary, bonus, flexi time, 12% pension, flexible benefits, 5 weeks holiday, free parking.
Our client is a highly successful global aerospace company they are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to lead Weapons Carriage & Release Equipment development projects. You will provide technical direction and decision making in support of project delivery. You will manage internal and external resources to successfully deliver allocated projects, through requirements definition, analysis, design, development and qualification. Further, you will ensure project compliance with internal processes, regulatory and legislative requirements.
As a Mechanical Engineer/ Mechanical Design Systems Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- A degree in mechanical/aerospace engineering and/or equivalent experience.
- A strong understanding of mechanical or electro-mechanical engineering in the context of aerospace products (weapons carriage & release highly desirable)
- Systems Engineering experience
- Experience of NPI/ new product design and development within an Aerospace environment
- An understanding of the operation and maintenance of military aircraft, particularly fast jets & trainer aircraft, would be highly desirable
- An understanding of airworthiness and certification is highly desirable.
- Experience of liaison with customers and suppliers
- Good written and oral communications skills
- Experience of the management of aerospace development projects
- Understanding of the financial management of development projects
- Understanding of systems engineering methods
As a Mechanical Engineer / Mechanical Design Systems Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
- Establish clear requirements baselines prior to commencement of design or change activity.
- Define and lead analyses in support of system design, integration and change assessment.
- Actively contribute to and/or lead defined aspects of the project to achieve optimal balance between requirements, schedule and cost.
- Manage requirements verification throughout project execution to successfully demonstrate compliance for a DDP.
- Estimate resource requirements, plan projects and report progress
- Ensure that projects are delivered in accordance with LCM, SOF-E and other internal processes
- Work with Programme Management to ensure that projects are delivered in accordance with technical, cost and schedule requirements
- Manage technical risks
- Manage customers and external suppliers to ensure compliance with agreed processes and achievement of project objectives
Mechanical Engineer / Mechanical Design systems Engineer - Aircraft Weapons Carriage Systems
Keywords - Systems Engineering, Weapons carriage release systems, Mechanical, Electro-Mechanical, NPI, Design, Airworthiness, military, Fast Jets, Trainer Aircraft
Location - Wimborne, Dorset
- Design Development
- Mechanical Systems
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'