Tropic Skincare, co-owned by Susie Ma and Lord Alan Sugar, is a multi-award-winning beauty brand leading the way in natural, cruelty-free and vegan friendly skincare, cosmetics and hair care. We have been recognised by The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 as the fastest growing beauty company in the UK and the London Stock Exchange in their shortlist of 1,000 Companies to Inspire Britain. It is our mission to help create a healthier, greener, more empowered world; our route to market is through our family of 10,000 Tropic Ambassadors for whom we’ve provided the products, business tools and confidence to start their own natural beauty business. Tropic HQ is made up of a fast growing, vibrant team; we offer plenty of career development opportunities within a company culture that is passionate, supportive and positive.
We are currently seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineer, to join our Tropic team based in Surrey, managing and developing a small team of 2-3 engineers.This is a fast-paced role which will allow you to get involved in the various departments. The ideal candidate would be pro-active, innovative, be able to think on their feet and be able to develop and grow the engineering department.
Your Key job responsibilities will be but not limited to:
- Service and Repair of production and manufacturing equipment, factory service equipment. (pumps, valves, vessels, & manufacturing machinery)
- Liaising with management regarding any health & safety issues, ongoing repairs, maintenance and development of building projects.
- Planned Preventative Maintenance on production plant around the site.
- Maintain and develop company engineering procedures.
- Maintenance on HVAC.
- Undertaking both planned and reactive maintenance.
- Read and work to Engineering drawings.
- Breakdown maintenance.
- Carrying out minor repairs and fault finding to the buildings/grounds as required.
- General plumbing and pipe maintenance as required.
The ideal candidate will:
- Industry relevant qualifications to at least BTEC/ NVQ level 3.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of mechanical engineering.
- Management & Leadership skills.
- Be willing to step in and cover tasks facilities engineer whilst they are on annual/sick leave.
- Desire to expand knowledge and grow department.
- Ability to work individually and within a small team.
- Full time role: 8am-5pm, Monday to Friday with the flexibility of working 12hour shifts and weekends.
- Office is conveniently located just 3 minutes’ walk from Therapia Lane Tram stop, which is connected to East Croydon and Wimbledon - both 20 minutes away.
- Salary £30k-£38k depending on experience.
- Position is available immediately.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"