An excellent opportunity has arisen for Mechanical Engineer to join a Technical team.
The main role for the potential candidate is to support the Engineering team, installation of new recycling and reprocessing facilities. The Mechanical Engineer will also be involved in trouble shooting and supporting the technical performance of the current operating plants.
Your principle responsibilities will be to:
- Support the design team with new handling/sorting plants and other recyclable materials that may arise.
- You will be responsible from desk base support to project installation, so design/mechanical hands on approach is a must.
- Support Sales management team in the submission to commercial bids
- Participate to the development of technical solutions to manufacture products from recyclable waste
- Be able to lead / manage new install machines/processes
- Monitor performance during commissioning and operational phases for new sites/processes
- Monitor the performance of existing equipment and also provide technical assistance to existing operations.
- Keep up-to-date with latest technologies
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Engineering HNC/HND/degree with a specialisation in mechanical engineering
- Effective time planning and project management experience
- Good understanding and able to read mechanical drawings, including process to materials tolerances
- Experience/trained on tooling such as laser cutters, grinders, welding, power drivers
- Hands on person with experience of on-site assembly
- Electrical/software experience desirable
- Able and willing to travel abroad
- Forklift and crane licence, (not essential)
- Health and safety certificated
Salary: £25K-£28K plus bonus, Phone, Laptop, travel expenses , pension
- Fork Lift
- Mechanical Engineering
- Project Delivery
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job