Do you have experience in complex mechanical equipment and services?
Have you worked with pressure systems?
Have you lead projects and maintenance programmes?
Then please apply!
The main purpose of your role is to be responsible for and be the site expert for all mechanical hardware. To lead and work with the Engineering department on projects and maintenance programs. To initiate and drive continuous improvements in all aspects of mechanical and process equipment including safety, efficiency, yield, etc..
Site Operations and Development
To be the site expert driving continuous improvement for all mechanical hardware, including but not limited to:
- Hydraulic systems
- Pneumatic systems
- Inert gas and cryogenic systems
- Pressure systems
- Pumping systems and associated pipework
To provide expert technical support and resolve issues for site mechanical systems and services when required.
To work in conjunction with other engineers in the department and ensure a common strategy and sound knowledge overlap.
To take a lead role in the control and statutory testing of site pressure systems ensuring compliance with PSSR and PED.
Project Design, Implementation and Commissioning
In conjunction with the Project and Design Engineers:
- When required, to design and install mechanical systems and services for new plant.
- To monitor the capacity and capability of plant services and recommend upgrades and improvements.
- To ensure the safe, effective and complete mechanical commissioning of new plant and equipment including compliance with relevant legislative requirements.
- To manage and lead projects.
Maintenance and Reduction of Failures
In conjunction with the Maintenance Engineer:
- To determine the correct maintenance requirements for new and existing plant and services and ensure a suitable maintenance regime is implemented and applied.
- To identify and assist in the implementation of opportunities to improve/reduce the effects of maintenance by the introduction of predictive maintenance, condition monitoring, etc.
- To ensure complete and thorough roll out of all mechanical aspects of Failure Reduction initiatives.
This role is a day shift and comes with a performace related bonus!
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.