Linx Printing Technologies have an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer to join their growing team based in St Ives, Cambridgeshire.
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Location: St Ives, Cambridgeshire
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Linx is an internationally-renowned supplier of a range of coding and marking solutions including Continuous Ink Jet, Laser Marking, Case Coding and Thermal Transfer printers. Since 1987, our industry-leading technologies have helped organisations across the world increase their productivity while significantly reducing total cost of ownership.
As our Mechanical Engineer you will work within the Engineering and R&D teams in the design and development of mechanical and electro-mechanical systems for Linx range of coding and marking products. Linx products include mechanical, electronic, software and ink jet printing components.
Mechanical Engineer - Key Responsibilities:
- To design and develop mechanical and electro-mechanical systems for the company’s coding and marking products, based on a range of ink jet printing technologies
- To produce 2D and 3D designs that are right first time, and meet the specification, time and cost targets
- To take responsibility and ownership of small to medium sized mechanical design projects, from initiation through to manufacturing implementation
- To lead Design & DFMEA reviews and analyse, interpret and respond to supplier DFMs
- Hands on practical work in building prototypes and test equipment, devising and carrying out experiments, and generating & executing test procedures to validate designs
- Interpreting and analysing technical data, producing reports and communicating results with other engineers, program managers and non-engineering associates
- Managing and applying safe systems of work and maintaining a tidy and efficient office, laboratory and prototyping shop environment
Mechanical Engineer – You:
- Degree (or equivalent – HND/HNC) in Mechanical / Aerospace / Automotive or related discipline
- Chartered Engineer (Desired)
- A sense of urgency and non-acceptance of personal mediocrity
- Genuine interest in engineering and an inquiring mind
- Well executed standard processes covering design review, verification and risk management
- Develop mechanical and electro-mechanical design solutions and manage projects that meet specification, on time, on cost and within budget
- Specific experience in one or more of the following; fluid systems and component/assembly design for, plastic injection molding for low to medium volume manufacture, including materials selection, machined, MIM’d and pressed metal parts design for low to medium volume manufacture
- Capable of working with our suppliers locally and in Asia. Key personal qualities would be a drive to achieve results quickly, persistence in overcoming difficulties, a creative and systematic approach to problem solving, and pragmatism in dealing with real world issues and pressures. All these qualities demonstrable within a cross-functional project team environment
- Capability and experience in use of Pro Engineer Wildfire or Creo essential
- Capability to test designs in a laboratory environment
- Capability to operate mechanical lathes and mills to build fast prototypes
- Experience in PDM Link/Windchill would be very useful but is not essential
To submit your CV for this exciting Mechanical Engineer opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now!