Excellent opportunity with global market leader for a Mechanical Engineer to join the 20 strong Design and Development engaged in the development of niche vehicles and ancillary products.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager this position will be part of the team responsible for supporting and developing the company’s entire product line.
Responsibilities will include:
- You should demonstrate an ability to execute small scale projects with on time delivery.
- Some introductory knowledge of project management principles.
Existing Product support
- Product enhancements.
- Assisting with new option development.
- Subsystem updates (e.g. Hydraulic system/cooling system/pneumatics/braking).
- Subsystem adaptation (requisite changes relative to engine/drivetrain updates).
- Optimization (cost outs/structural improvements).
- Development of testing schemes.
- Annual production work quota.
- Shop floor troubleshooting as needed.
- QA assistance for problematic parts.
- Technical assistance with prototype build ups.
- Development of documentation materials to assist with production.
- Fast turn-around on Action Requests.
- Technical assistance with sales inquiries.
- Estimations of cost/implementation time for new options.
- Development of new options.
- Development/updates of new BOM’s.
- Development of sales support materials.
- Annual field exposure quota.
- Technical assistance with aftermarket support issues.
Applicants should hold a Degree or equivalent in Engineering and possess excellent communication skills. Your CAD experience (ideally Inventor) will be used for detail drawings relating to parts, assemblies, models, etc and you should be highly competent in geometric dimensioning and tolerancing. An ability to analyze, check and audit detailed mechanical drawings is essential and you should also be able to perform stress calculations and vehicle performance calculations.
You must be able to quickly understand the business’s manufacturing capabilties.
- Mechanical Design
- Mechanical Engineering
- Product Development
- Manufacturing Engineering
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job