Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Location: Eastbourne, East Sussex
Salary: Up to £31,702 plus Benefits
Our client is a leading utility provider to their prestigious client-base. They’re now looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join their team in Eastbourne. The successful candidate will undertake day to day maintenance and repairs to water and wastewater treatment works, sludge treatment centres and pumping stations.
SALARY UP TO £31,702 DOE, COMPANY VEHICLE, MOBILE PHONE, IT TABLET, PPE & UNIFORM PROVIDED, PENSION SCHEME & TOOLS.
Mechanical Engineer Responsibilities:
- Undertake reactive and planned maintenance of plant and equipment on a daily basis.
- Coach, train and develop staff under your supervision including the Apprenticeship programme.
- Install new plant and equipment as required.
- Provide technical expertise to internal and external contractors.
- Manage projects internally and provide technical expertise to contractors.
- Respond to alarms and fault find to identify issues and escalate if required.
- Carry out inspection and test on electrical equipment following company procedures.
- Be prepared to work as part of an on call rota.
Mechanical Engineer Requirements:
- Must hold a relevant mechanical/electrical engineering qualification or have relevant mechanical engineering experience, ideally with a recognised Apprenticeship in a relevant discipline.
- Electrical Installation Qualification (Desirable).
- Previous working knowledge of welding and fabrication.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical/electrical diagrams.
- Health and Safety conscious.
- Hold full clean driving licence.
Mechanical Engineer Benefits:
- Salary up to £31,702 Dependant On Experience.
- Monday - Friday - 7.30/8am - 3.30/4pm.
- Pension Scheme.
- Company Vehicle, Mobile Phone, IT Tablet, PPE, Uniform and tools provided.
- 25 days holiday plus 8 stats.
NOTE - My client encourages applications from candidates from both commercial and ex-military backgrounds; Royal Navy (Marine Engineer), British Army and Royal Air Force.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job