- Manage multiple projects at any one time, both during the design stage and while on site, ensuring projects are delivered on time and to budget.
- Prepare reports for Committees, Area Forums, Working Parties, Client Organisations, Tenant Associations, and External Agencies and other stakeholders. Arrange and attend such meetings as required where a high degree of resident and stakeholder consultation takes place.
- Represent the Head of Service when developing and delivering projects with clients and stakeholders to ensure projects are accurately scoped and delivered to the client’s objectives both on time and within budget.
- Deliver and maintain the highest standards of design, budget control and contract administration on all projects and maintenance contracts.
- Lead on procurement, design criteria and preparation of schemes, specifications, maintenance requirements, and estimates, selection of materials and equipment, project and contract management.
- Examine tenders, accounts and claims rendered by contractors for accuracy. Authorise/investigate further as appropriate.
- Manage and monitor all projects within fee allocation and budget available and take corrective measures where necessary.
- Advise on the appraisal, selection, appointment and performance of contractors and sub-contractors.
- Take responsibility for the project management of medium sized projects and/or maintenance contracts including working with junior members of staff (including students) to develop their understanding of contract administration and project management.
- Qualified as a Chartered Engineer or full member of the Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers, with considerable relevant experience
Hold a degree or Higher National Diploma in Building Services Engineering or other relevant qualification with considerable suitable experience working as a project leader on small projects or maintenance and repair programmes or professional building services engineering functions.
- Possess excellent detailed technical knowledge and skills to manage mechanical repair and refurbishment projects, mechanical planned maintenance and design new installations.
- Ability to communicate and direct, both verbally and in writing, other members of staff within the office, other council departments, area offices, working parties, external clients, agencies, elected members, residents and consultants.
- Ability to write technical reports.
- Ability to creatively solve engineering design and maintenance related problems.
- Possess excellent project management skills in order to plan, programme and deliver projects on time and within previously agreed budgets and fees and to monitor and control costs at all stages.
- Assist with staff recruitment, training, development, welfare and safety of staff within the service.
- Ability to coordinate and lead on a number of medium sized projects including working and coordinating with other building professionals.
- Ability to appoint, brief, direct liaise and monitor consultants.
- Possess broad knowledge and experience of a range of different engineering forms of contract.
- Ability to advise on the appraisal, selection and appointment and monitoring of contractors and sub -contractors.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business