Main purpose of job:
This role is for a manufacturing Client of main with the main purpose being to provide technical and engineering support to all areas of the business and to the customer and supplier base, contributing to the development and growth of the business
- A Technical Degree, preferably in Mechanical Engineering or similar.
- A recently graduated engineer will be considered for the role. General Skills and experience:
- Experience in the rail industry, particularly with wheelsets, is an advantage.
- Well organised, disciplined and able to manage time and priorities effectively.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Analytical skills in reading and understanding technical specifications.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
The main areas of responsibility are given below (this list is not exhaustive and will develop as the role develops):
- Work to product standards and specifications.
- Supplier – customer technical interface.
- Authoring and maintaining technical work instructions and procedures.
- Provide support to First and Final article inspections.
- Undertake document and drawing reviews including clause by clause reviews of new/ updated specifications.
- Provide support to contract variations and concessions.
- Resolving Customer/Supplier/Internal technical queries.
- Provide support to audits.
- Authoring of technical reports.
HEADS Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on LinkedIn.