My client, based in Portchester, near Fareham, Hampshire is looking for an experience Mechanical Engineer to join their team on a Permanent basis.
- Technically responsible for new product research & development from concept to production readiness. Achieving performance, quality, cost and timing targets according approved financial baselines and product specifications focusing on Mechanical engineering.
- Responsible for the daily management of allotted design resources.
- Designing products that are, cost effective designs that can be produced to agreed time scales in a mass production environment.
- Ensuring product compliance to design standards, specifications, environmental and legal / regulations, company design & manufacturing process standards.
- Accountable for the design function ensuring customer specifications and product requirements are achieved.
- To deliver component designs achieving cost targets regarding weight, cycle times and quality. Within specified targets for development activities. Reporting progress against targets via weekly reviews and written monthly reports.
- To provide technical support and coaching, sharing technical know how and experience within the project team.
- To ensure prior to commencing work on any new product, an agreed detailed performance specification and timing plans are completed, reviewed and approved by the Project Team management.
- To originate new product proposals, technologies and processes for consideration by the company management.
- Check with the company engineer all patent aspects of all new designs prior to any discussions outside of the company to establish that they do not contravene competitor's patents and that the company has freedom to operate / can obtain patent cover to protect its innovation / ideas.
- Strong communication on all aspects of designs with customers, suppliers, toolmakers and other internal teams to meet agreed specified targets and objectives.
- To ensure that all new designs are fully discussed and agreed with the companies Manufacturing, QC and other relevant departments, using the SDS process. Product design buy-off.
- To effectively lead the team at all times.
- To support the development of staff capabilities through rigorous training and development plans via IPMD processes.
- Arrange appropriate meetings to ensure internal customers are kept up to date with any changes regarding design, external customers concerns etc.
- Ensure compliance to QS 9000. TS16949 and ISO14001 procedures.
- Maintain housekeeping standards in line with CANDO.
- Comply with the Health & Safety Policy and observe all the safety rules to ensure your personal safety and the safety of others.
- Identify and manage D&D contracts in line with company financial controls.
Any other duties as may be reasonably requested by the Project Manager.
This exciting opportunity is being advertised at an annual salary of £40,000. Other benefits that my client can offer are as follows.
* Pension Scheme
* Childcare vouchers
* Perkbox eligibility
* Cycle to work scheme
* Employee suggestion scheme
* Employee of the month, quarter and year eligibility
* Annual Pay review
* 26 days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays (Xmas Shutdown between Xmas and New Year).
For more information please contact Claire Adaway on or to apply please submit your C.V. using the link.
- Mechanical Engineer