Mechanical Design Engineer
Up to £34k dependant on experience
Working as part of the Mechanical Engineering team, the main focus of this role will be on issuing machines for manufacture. Primary responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
* Processing contracts, involving interpretation of customer specifications
* Detailing change parts on CAD (2D and 3D)
* Issuing parts for manufacture (experience of using an ERP or MRP system is preferred)
* Implementing machine upgrades & change notes
Training will be provided for the right candidate and emphasis will be placed on developing product knowledge to support all areas of the business.
Successful candidates will be apprentice trained, or graduates, in Mechanical Engineering. They should have a methodical approach and be able to work to tight deadlines. Successful candidates will have experience in:
* Special purpose machinery, preferably with high speed packaging machines or similar
* 2D & 3D CAD Systems (Siemens NX preferred) or Solidworks
Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week on a flexible basis, core hours must cover.
To apply please send your CV to or for more info, please call Katerina on
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job