Mechanical Engineer to work for a highly successful manufacturing company. The mechanical engineer will be involved in design and development of production equipment and products.
With an excellent degree backed up with a minimum of 3yrs commercial experience in an engineering environment the Mechanical Design Engineer will be heavily involved in developing solutions for manufacturing including such things as tension control, bending & stress. Tolerancing and design assembly.
The role would suit a bright and ambitious engineer looking to make a significant and genuine impact. Joining a small team there is wide scope for using and developing your engineering skills in a broad area of specialist technology.
With a 2.i or 1st degree and a minimum 3yrs commercial experience the Mechanical Engineer will be required to:
- Work day to day resolving complex mechanical issues
- Develop, with the team, solutions to parts design - particularly around tension, strain, bending, stress and tolerancing (use of FEM, FEA for purpose of analysis)
- Managing complex physics and using a high degree of mathematics to resolve issues
- Work both hands-on with production equipment and technology and behind a desk
- 3D CAD design of bespoke parts (solidworks ideally)
- Provide mechanism design and analysis
- Run BoM, assessment and documentation
- Run cost analysis where necessary
- Design for Manufacture
- Have excellent communication skills to convey technical problems to the team
- Work autonomously with little supervision
- Grasp a good understanding of materials, composites, parts design & manufacturing techniques
- Manage quality control with quality engineers and quality team
- A Minimum of a 1st / 2.i degree in Engineering or similar
- Minimum of 3yrs commercial experience in a similar role
- Excellent problem solving skills
- 3D CAD experience
- FEA / Analysis
- Electronics and control systems knowledge
- Grasp of quality issues within a regulated industry
If you are a competent engineer with a penchant for exciting challenges then this role is for you. Working with a small group of bright, capable and passionate engineers this offers a platform of freedom not given in a larger corporation. Very little politics and bureaucracy. It offers a level of freedom for the right candidate to really enjoy their day to day job!
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
Technical key words: 3D CAD, Solidworks, electronics, control systems, DFM, FEA, manufacturing, production