MSS People are working with an established client who are seeking a Mechanical Engineer OMST to join their teased based in Stockton.
Purpose of the role:
The Mechanical Engineer (OMST) role exists to provide professional engineering support to a number of site operations which involve quite diverse types of operations and associated engineering.
In providing professional mechanical engineering support to the Operations and Maintenance (O&M) team on sites, this support usually concerns integrity management associated with pressure equipment, rotating equipment, storage tanks, load bearing structures, turbines (steam and gas), etc., and the continuous operation of this equipment.
The Mechanical Engineer support aims to ensure the company always delivers safe and reliable plant operations whilst maintaining compliance with legislation and adopting good (and compliant) engineering practices at all times.
On occasions, the Mechanical Engineer will be required to lead and manage assigned personnel consistent with delivering the above activities.
Some of your duties:
• In line with the company and client requirements, complete assigned mechanical engineering and maintenance tasks, projects, and occasional site secondments, (where the need could exist on any operated site), ensuring all SHE, legislative and business requirements are met and
• Lead and manage assigned personnel, taking overall responsibility for their supervision, development, welfare and overall effectiveness.
• Champion continuous improvement by undertaking agreed audits, producing associated audit reports, and supporting the site where appropriate in closing the gaps. This will include identifying common themes across individual sites and proposing/delivering corporately led
improvement processes aimed at closing the gaps in an efficient and effective manner.
• Work with appropriate site personnel (when requested) to support them in achieving compliance with corporate engineering and maintenance standards, practices and systems.
• Participate in &/or lead the development and implementation of corporate engineering Practices and Specifications, and provide support to sites where they request assistance in developing their own supporting (to corporate) site procedures.
• Deliver assigned capital & revenue projects consistent with SHE and business requirements.
• Where required/appropriate, provide professional technical support for projects and maintenance activities on operated plants; to include support to plant commissioning, scheduled and unscheduled plant outages, and unplanned events/incidents.
• Take on the role of 'Technical Advisor’ and 'Process Safety Champion’ in assigned aspects of mechanical engineering.
• Support the preparation for HSE intervention visits associated with Mechanical Engineering on COMAH sites.
• Provide professional mechanical engineering input and reports during due diligence visits to operational sites and potential new contracts.
• Support, when required, the change management processes in operation across site operations.
To be considered for this role you must have:
• HNC/HND in mechanical engineering discipline.
• Relevant experience in a position of responsibility.
• Successful contribution & work experience in an engineering or maintenance environment. To include experience of:
- Maintenance & contract management.
- Outage management.
- PSSR’s, legislative, best practice standards & insurance compliance.
• Relevant experience in the process or power generation environment.
• Working cross functionally & with contractors, to deliver policies & initiatives, ensuring compliance with company & legislative requirements.
• Knowledge & application of SHE systems, ensuring compliance, risk areas & improvement.
• Knowledge & application of quality systems, ensuring compliance, risk areas & improvement.
• Fully conversant with all legislation pertinent to mechanical systems.
• Applicable standards associated with mechanical systems.
• Have attended HAZOP’s and LOPA’s
For a full job description and for a confidential chat please contact Allan Stevenson