Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to develop your mechanical engineering skills further, and work for a market-leading engineering inspection provider? Zurich Engineering is looking to expand our highly skilled, home based, Engineer Surveyor team, and we currently have vacancies in the South Wales area for a Lift/Crane surveyor.
Our Engineer Surveyor workforce is central to our continued success, being the 'Face of Zurich’ to our large and varied client base. You will be carrying out hands-on statutory inspections, providing your expert opinion on a wide range of equipment, enabling our clients to comply with all relevant legislation. No two days will ever be the same, and you will be required to work in a variety of interesting environments.
You will be an experienced engineer with a sound knowledge of your engineering discipline, and our industry-leading bespoke training will ensure that you work to the exacting standards both we and our clients demand. Following your inspection, you will complete your reports on a Toughbook laptop, and them issue electronically to our clients, so good IT skills and high levels of literacy are required . You will be an excellent communicator, and confident in your ability to make sound engineering judgements.
You will be part of a multi-disciplined inspection team within your geographic area, and report to a Team Leader. The role is home-based, with your client base a reasonable travelling distance from your home.
Your Skills and Experience
- To have a Level 4 qualification ( HND / HNC etc.) in a relevant engineering field.
- We will also consider candidates with a NVQ Level 3 or ONC qualification, and support is available to allow you to complete a Level 4 qualification whilst working.
- Hands-on experience in a relevant engineering discipline, such as manufacturing / repair / maintenance/ motor trade.
- A full valid UK driving licence.
- Be willing and able to work occasional paid overtime.
- Market leading salary, currently £33,878 - £42,703 depending on experience. This is reviewed annually.
- Annual bonus of up to 10%, depending on Company performance.
- Company car - fully funded, with an option to upgrade.
- Location allowances where appropriate.
- Generous 12% Defined Contribution pension scheme.
- 33 days holiday per year including statutory holidays, with an option to buy and sell more if needed.
- Share-save scheme.
- A comprehensive Flexible benefits plan, including, Health Care, Dental Care, Childcare Vouchers, Health screening, Retail Vouchers etc.
- Engineering Discipline
- Mechanical Engineering