If you're a practical, hands on Mechanical Engineer with experience of Pneumatics and Electronics, wanting a job which is really quite different to the norm, this is an extremely exciting opportunity.
The role involves regular overseas travel to developing countries to install, repair and train users on life saving specialist medical equipment. When in the UK (which will be for the majority of your time), you will work as part of a small, hands on team in a number of engineering capacities including test, development and assembly. The training period will be lengthy (up to two years) with some overseas travel, but once you are fully up to speed and capable of installing and repairing these intricate systems, there will be regular overseas travel to developing countries such as Africa and Asia: so you should be the kind of individual who will embrace this type of travel.
- To support a small multi-functional team in R&D activities to develop high quality, innovative medical devices for unique and challenging environments.
- To create design specifications and appropriate test plan strategy to ensure that all requirements for validation are in compliance with the relevant regulatory requirements.
- Produce suitable specifications and or drawings for required items from sub suppliers.
- Consider Design for Manufacture from the outset, working closely with quality and production functions to ensure the most robust and cost-effective production solutions are delivered.
- Overseas travel to install equipment and train customers or attend exhibitions to give technical support in promoting our products. This will mainly be to developing countries.
- To be able to adapt to a small team environment in which cross role support is always required.
- Be a hands-on team member in assisting manufacturing with assembly and testing to meet tight deadlines when required or when other team members are out of the office.
- A sound knowledge of mechanical, electronics and pneumatic engineering
- The ability to assemble product, test and check for quality standards, operate machinery and even pack a box in the warehouse for dispatch. This is a really varied role in a small team where your engineering and technical skills will be fully utilised but where you will need to be completely flexible to do anything the team needs.
- HND, HNC or equivalent in a medical, mechanical or other relevant engineering discipline.
- Experience: a minimum of two year's experience in a similar role.
- Technical Skills: Sound engineering knowledge. understanding of best manufacturing processes, basic electronics and pneumatics.
- Computer skills: Conversant with MS Office and CAD.
- Passionate in your role.
- Desire to make our products the best in the marketplace.
- Able to switch roles to help other team members.
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.
- Mechanical Engineering
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'