I am seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor (M&E) to join our clients existing team in London, providing the Commercial Manager and wider team support on projects and ensure that commercial discipline is maintained throughout.
You'll look at:
- Post Contract support to Commercial Manager
- Gaining an understanding of the Sub-Contract conditions and become involved in ensuring that the wider team have sufficient working knowledge of same to guarantee compliance.
- Procurement of Sub-Contractors and major plant and equipment.
- Management of various sub-contract packages including issuing instructions, valuing variations, making payments and settling final accounts.
- Pricing, submitting and agreeing variations with the Client in line with sub-contract conditions and agreed timescales.
- Input into and preparation of periodic (monthly and quarterly) financial reports, both internal and external.
- Preparation of cash-flow forecasts (internal and external).
- Ensure suitable and sufficient records are being maintained to support the company in any dispute resolution.
- Developing relationship(s) with relevant personnel within the Client's team to promote collaborative working and early settlement of claims.Working alongside other team members to promote the development of trainees, both within the commercial and operational teams.
Were looking for:
The Ability to achieve the above, it is anticipated that the right individual will:
- Have experience working on similar sized projects at Senior QS or at least QS level.
- Be self-motivated to achieve goals set by their line manager and the demands of the project.
- Have a good working knowledge of construction contracts/sub-contracts - particularly JCT and NEC.
- Demonstrate the desire to better themselves towards development into Commercial Lead / Commercial Manager and onwards.
- Be degree or diploma educated in a relevant subject.
- Display a level of confidence to put across the company's point of view.
- Be financially astute with a good understanding of Profit and Loss.
- Be able to demonstrate good communication skills
- Be able to make informed decisions in what can sometimes become a pressurised environment.
- Holder of the relevant CSCS Card or other construction safety qualification.
The building services engineering team delivers mechanical and electrical engineering solutions to help clients maintain their buildings, to save time, and improve performance. They also provide specialist interior and exterior finishing services, and the latest off-site fabrication and virtual modelling techniques.
For further information call Neesha on or apply by submitting your CV.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.
- Building Services
- Mechanical & Electrical Quantity Surveyor
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job