Reporting to the Divisional Regional HSE Safety Manager, this candidate will have designate Board responsibility to the MD of Interserve Engineering Services (IES).
General Management Duties:
- Support divisional HSE Director, Regional HSE Managers, and the wider construction/engineering/infrastructure teams with planning, co-ordination and execution of effective HSE policies, guidelines, legislation and procedures to ensure that HSE objectives are met by our operations teams;
- Liaise and seek advice from Divisional Health and Safety Director, other HSE Managers, and HSE regional advisers on matters appertaining to company arrangements, standards for Health and Safety, in-particular the specialist Mechanical and Electrical advice to the Interserve Engineering Services Board under ISO 45,001 certification;
- Liaise with divisional HSE Managers in relation to HSE Adviser workload, particularly for National MEP projects, arranging boundaries and collaboration across HSE teams to suit workloads and specialist MEP support;
- Supporting submissions for external awards eg: RoSPA, CHAS, liase with central HSE admin resource and Safety Manager(s)/Director.
Daily/Monthly/Annual Management Duties:
- Supporting the MD of Engineering Services (IES), and its Board of Operations Directors in maintaining business unit ISO 45001 compliance/certification, and day to day management of its processes and procedures;
- Production of monthly HSE board reports for Engineering Services (IES), along with delivery of messaging and key points at IES monthly Board Meetings;
- Provide HSE advice and assistance to National Engineering Services (IES) Board of Directors and its employees, ensuring consistency and delivery of HSE across all projects, offices and other locations as necessary;
- Report to Engineering Services (IES) MD, and divisional HSE Manager(s)/Director, in case of accidents, incidents, near misses, un-safe conditions, MD and Regional Operations Directors to be immediately notified for support and investigation;
- Excel in communication with key stakeholders i.e. IES MD, its Operations Directors, Divisional HSE Managers, Divisional HSE Director and its central team;
- Implementing, updating, reviewing and auditing the Company HSE systems;
- Conducting internal and external compliance audits and associated reports, periodical inspections will help verify current working conditions/RAMS;
- Verifies that toolbox meetings are well performed with Blue Collar workforce;
- Participate in site-based HSE talks with preferred subcontractors;
- Undertake inspections of all office workplaces within the business unit, compiling an accurate report for the Interserve manager for that workplace detailing inspection findings (follow up on actions);
- Periodically verify that all personnel in the work area know what to do in case of emergency condition, and how to evacuate the area if instructed to do so;
- Analyse & detect risks, propose solutions for improvement. Suspend work immediately, if informed or discovery of an imminent risk of serious injury;
- To oversee, and when necessary lead accident / incident investigations, support will be given in relation to A-Site/Sevron reports and up-loads;
- Analyse accident / incident statistics, identifying trends and in conjunction with the operational teams, and most crucially provide improvement plans and targeted training aimed at future prevention and lessons learnt;
- Providing technical support to all Engineering Services (IES) employees, and regional teams on all HSE related subjects and legislative up-dates;
- Providing HSE support and advice, including Black Hat and Blue Collar Supervision, in terms of preparation of HSE plans and procedures for initial contract start up activities, and take-part in bi-monthly Black Hat Meetings;
- Provide briefing and coaching on the implementation of company arrangements with respect to health, safety and the environment, along with any informal health and safety training to all levels of the organisation/workforce;
- Up-hold professional client/customer liaisons and foster repeat business;
- Be enthusiastic in promoting leading health and safety standards;
- Other duties as required to promote and improve the health, safety and environmental standards and performance within their region.
Main External Interfaces: Enforcing Authorities, Customers/Clients, Auditors, Training Partners.
Main Internal Interfaces: Co-ordination with Interserve Stakeholders and Directors, Employees and Supply-chain Partners.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
This opportunity requires a strong communicator with good leadership skills, highly skilled within the HSE environment, proactive and experienced HSE leader with a specialist and proven M&E background.
- Wide expertise of MEP delivery, familiar with HSE guidance in relation to Code of Practice for Electrical and Gas Safe Systems of Work
- Experienced deliverer of assorted HSE Training courses, such as behavioural safety (Interserve’s equivalent being: i-Care)
- Experience working within multi-disciplined teams
- Able to translate business goals into performance objectives, and hold people accountable for agreed results
- Selects, develops and motivates people to work together in a committed way towards a common goal
- Advises and directs people in a clear, active way
Additional HSE professional qualifications are essential, such as:
- Qualifications or current working knowledge of ISO 45001
- Qualifications or current working knowledge of ISO 9001 and ISO 14001
- The ability to train, influence and motivate both Board level, front line employees and supply chain partners
- Specialist knowledge in Electrical safety and Gas safety.
- Health and Safety qualification – Level 6 (Preferable)
- Chartered Member of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (or at least working towards Membership, training will be supported)
- An Environmental Qualification (Preferable)
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'