Mechanical/Electrical Engineer - Development
Location: Alfreton, Derbyshire
Salary: Competitive, DOE
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Autochair, the leading manufacturer of vehicle adaptions in the UK and a market leader in Europe currently have an exciting opportunity for a highly skilled Development Engineer to support the Engineering Team with new and existing products.
With 30+ years of innovative product design and manufacturing experience, our facility in Derbyshire is ISO9001 accredited and adopts world-class manufacturing techniques!
We are continuing on our successful growth strategy and are looking for an experienced Development Engineer to carry out product, prototype and process development, using Mechanical and Electrical knowledge and their production engineering experience.
The Role - Mechanical/Electrical Engineer:
- Manufacture proof of concept, prototype and production samples for NPD, NPI and Continuous Improvement activities.
- Contribute in product development activities from initial concept through to production and support.
- Support the realisation of products and improvements through development and support of specifications and process controls.
- Manufacture and assembly of mechanical and electrical samples (including fabrication).
- Support the manufacture and assembly of production jigs and fixtures.
- Support the development and construction of test rigs and protocols to verify and validate products.
- Work with internal teams to develop new or revise existing standards and processes.
- Document research and development activities using engineering reports.
- Research materials and equipment to support design and development.
- Produce presentations and support meetings to communicate activities to external departments.
- Plan activities and priorities to aid delivery of projects to agreed timescales.
Required Experience, Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Ideally Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or HND/HNC.
- 2-6 years of experience in Research & Development and/or manufacturing.
- Mechanical and Electrical Engineering knowledge.
- Able to show initiative, originality, ingenuity and excellent problem-solving skills Experience working in cross-disciplinary teams.
- Experience of developing parts, products, assemblies and processes.
- Experience with machining (turning/milling) and fabrication.
- Experience with rapid prototype design and build for proof of concept and usability testing.
- Experience of using CAD packages, 2D & 3D advantageous.
- Knowledge in the selection of various materials.
- Manufacturing awareness for volume production.
If you have the relevant skills and qualifications to excel in this role and take the Supply Function forward, please submit your CV for consideration in the first instance.