My client based in Cramlington are looking for a Mechanical Draftsman to join the business. This is a permanent position to work for a very successful business with fantastic opportunities and benefits for the right candidate. Experience with Autocad and Auto Inventor is required for this role.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager your duties will include but is not limited to the following:
- Plan, control and undertake the day-to-day Engineering tasks assigned for their allocated projects.
- Directly support the nominated Project Manager / Project Engineer.
- Ensure that the areas of work allocated are completed in accordance with the Technical Specification requirements and the requirements of the underlying project specific specifications.
- Complete allocated project tasks within agreed timescales, man-hour allocation, to the required technical accuracy.
- Assist with the preparation of any other engineering deliverable as is required to support other functions.
- Provide input to continual product improvements
Required External Qualifications/Training/Skills:
- Recognised Engineering Apprenticeship would be beneficial.
- HNC Engineering Discipline (or equivalent).
- 3 years related Design Draughting Experience using AutoCad and Autodesk Inventor.
- Previous experience with offshore equipment would be advantageous.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Be able to technically represent their discipline in a multi-disciplined team.
- Be able to effectively plan and control their own workload, and that of other team members as dictated by project requirements.
- Be self-motivated and proactive in progressing the Engineering deliverables required for their projects.
- Be willing to adapt to change.
- Review and understand all contract information and data from the Proposal Team.
- Review and comment to Line and/or Project Management on: Project Costing, Scope of Work, Project Schedule.
- Assist the Engineering Manager, in determining the required execution strategy (i.e. 2D/3D, etc.) of the project taking account of project schedule.
- Attend the project handover meeting and conduct a start-up meeting with the engineers assigned to the project from the Drawing Office and other engineering disciplines.
- Ensure the completeness and on-time delivery of the Drawing Office scope of supply (i.e. drawings and documents) according to Contract requirements, Project requirements and all Drawing Office procedures and standards.
- Monitor progress of allocated project activities within the Drawing Office scope of supply from a quality and time schedule point of view.
- Prepare progress reports; update cost reports and forecasts for the Drawing Office scope of works on their allocated projects.
- Initiate, implement and control corrective actions within the Drawing Office and report any schedule / cost / technical deviations.
- Ensure feedback / lessons learnt from the project is communicated to the relevant Engineering parties or other disciplines within the organisation.
- Conduct and participate actively in design reviews. Ensure that any allocated actions defined by the reviews are performed in a controlled manner, closed on time and regularly report on the status of the open action items.
- Provide any pertinent construction information to the Project Engineer for inclusion in the Operation, Installation & Maintenance manuals and, on request, review and comment of the same.
- Provide any pertinent input to the Quality Engineer for the preparation of the project-specific Inspection and Test Plans.
- Organise proper filing and archiving of all project relevant Drawing Office documentation on project closure, according to the applicable requirements of ISO 9001 and Engineering Office procedures.
- Work together with your colleagues to ensure company objectives are achieved.
- Comply with Business Management System (BMS) and contribute to it's continual improvement and effectiveness.
- Report any HSE risks/incidents in order to promote the health and safe well-being of yourself and others.
Note: This is not an exhaustive list, the employee may be required to undertake any additional duties as specified by the Directors.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://candidate-privacy
- Mechanical Draftsman
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'