Team Leader - Mechanical Design & Projects - Chester
£35,000 - £42,000 | Flexi-time & Work From Home
- A unique opportunity that offers a a chance to still be 75% hands-on while leading a small team.
- Offers a lot of product variation, managing projects from concept to completion.
- Working on a broad range of machinery, machined and fabricated components.
- An engineering consultancy with fabrication and machine shops on site.
- Excellent benefits package including flexi-time and working from home.
Our client is able to offer as very rare service, they are a one-stop-shop for engineering with extensive capabilities on-site including various fabrication and machine shops. If you are looking for a 'proper' engineering business where you will be designing different products ever day including machinery, components, hydraulics etc. then this would fit well with you.
IS THIS OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU?
Are you bored of just sitting at a CAD desk and have a desire to find a role that offers much more variation? There aren't many opportunities out there that give you complete autonomy of a project, giving you the freedom to run projects from initial concept to completion, getting involved with the engineers on the shop-floor seeing what you've designed being made.
THE DAY TO DAY ROLE:
You will deal directly with customers, starting the project off by visiting the customer on-site to make the initial measurements/sketch of what is needed. You will then work on the detailed design, development, calculations, FEA - working closely with the shop floor to get the product made properly. The great thing about this is you get to see the products you design being made and then the final product.
The right person for this role will be someone who is a passionate engineer and enjoys dealing with customers.
- Qualified Mechanical Engineer (Degree, Time Served, HND/HNC)
- Hood experience designing products including precision machined components, machinery, materials handling, mechanisms etc.
- Experience working with fabricated sheet metal/stainless steel would be a benefit.
- Experience dealing directly with customers and going to site would be beneficial.
- Experience of SolidWorks and AutoCAD.
In you are interested please don't hesitate to call one of our Directors James Taylor on .
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'