Nidec SR Drives Ltd is currently recruiting to expand its team of Mechanical Design Engineers, and is looking for talented individuals to join a motivated and highly skilled team.
Job Title: Mechanical Design Engineers
Location: Harrogate, HG3 1PR
Nidec SR Drives Ltd (NSRD) is a leading engineering and technology provider in the field of advanced electrical machines and drives systems, with a particular focus on switched reluctance technology.
Applications are invited from either graduates with previous experience in a mechanical design role, preferably in the field of rotating machines, or from suitably experienced candidates who can demonstrate qualifications to a broadly similar level, e.g. HNC/HND or equivalent.
In either case a sound understanding of fundamental engineering principles and their practical application is essential, together with a high degree of proficiency in the use of 3-D CAD systems, preferably ProEngineer/Creo. Previous experience of working within the automotive industry would be highly beneficial.
Mechanical Design Engineers - Key Responsibilities to include:
- To develop 3-D conceptual designs which meet customer requirements using ProEngineer/Creo, often to a tight timescale;
- To carry out stress, modal and thermal analysis of electrical machines using finite element analysis (ANSYS package).
- To progress existing concepts to a fully detailed design which takes into account component tolerances, fits, etc. and is suitable for manufacture;
- Whilst taking a lead in a variety of mechanical engineering activities, to liaise with electro-magnetic, electrical, hardware and software engineers in the development of new electrical machine designs and improvement of existing products;
- To maintain accurate design records in accordance with company document control procedures;
- To prepare preliminary material lists based on design specifications;
- To supervise the assembly and testing of prototype electrical machines;
- To work as part of a team, ensuring projects meet all technical and commercial requirements;
- To respond to internal and external customer enquiries.
Mechanical Design Engineers – Benefits:
- A competitive package (including a relocation package where appropriate)
- An excellent working environment
- A wide range of interesting and challenging activities and opportunities for international travel.
To submit your CV for this exciting Mechanical Design Engineers opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now!
Please note that we are not currently accepting agency applications.