One of the world’s largest OEM Manufacturers with multi sites worldwide, including a large production facility in the North East, are currently looking for Mechanical Design Engineers to join their growing team. Extension Recruitment are delighted to be working exclusively with this employer of choice and will support you throughout the recruitment process.
This is a challenging design environment with a product range every Mechanical Engineer will identify with. Design Engineers are responsible for a variety of interesting and testing designs for new products and improvements to existing products. This will involve using 3D CAD, technical calculations, FEA and using Failure Tree Analysis and other design quality tools.
With an employee centric culture, this company offers excellent career opportunities and will support your personal development at all levels.
About the Role
Reporting into the Design Manager, this role will be responsible for;
- Delivering development projects within the proposed schedule
- Preparing design concepts, setting and achieving quality, cost and delivery targets, confirming quality (test) and introducing to production
- Preparing layout models/drawings and preparing/managing the preparation of detailed drawings, bills of material and sales and service material
- Specifying test requirements, arranging for testing of machines/components and interpreting test results to determine countermeasures required
- Controlling subcontracted design activity
- Solving technical quality problems using Failure Tree Analysis, technical calculations etc
- Communicating with customers, suppliers and other company plants
About the Company
Company benefits include;
- 26 days holiday allowance, plus 8 days bank holiday
- Additional days holidays which can be accrued through additional hours
- Paid Overtime
- Onsite Gym and Subsidised Canteen
- Contributory Company Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Better health at work initiatives
This role will suit a self-motivated and innovative person who is comfortable working to tight deadlines.
Other requirements include:
- Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a Design Engineer role
- Hydraulic experience will be hugely beneficial
- Proficiency with 3D CAD software
- Experience of the development process - concept, layout, testing
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'