£30,000 - £45,000
We are currently working with an Automotive Manufacturer in Bristol. They are currently working on an exciting new product for a well known name and because of this they are in need of a Mechanical Design Engineer to assist their strong current team. This is a brilliant opportunity for a candidate who has experience within the Automotive industry specifically using Steel alloys and Plastics.
The main roles and responsibilities of the position are as follows:
* Generating detail and assembly drawings for manufacture using CAD packages
* Produce BOM's, parts list, operator's manuals and maintain drawing office records
* Source suitable products for company use, liaise with procurement and progress as necessary
* Application of all relative standards, ensuring health & safety, vehicle road legality, vehicle type approval, risk assessment etc. are met
* Focused on systems' costs, longevity, reliability, robustness and mechanical safety.
Experience, Qualifications and skills:
* At least 5 years of relevant design experience.
* Familiar with the use of engineering materials such as stainless, mild steel alloys and plastics.
* Design of precision components, shafts, bearing housings, gears etc
* Understanding of hydraulics, pneumatics and some process water circuitry including valves, pumps and instrumentation.
* Practical experience from a workshop environment.
Salary range of £30,000 - £45,000 Depending on Experience
25 Days holiday + BH
Working hours are Monday - Thursday 8:00 - 17:00 and Friday until 16:00
+ Additional Benefits
Suitable candidates should apply immediately by calling Kyle Egan on or by sending your CV directly to
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK.
Hunter Selection is an employment consultancy and currently has permanent vacancies for Engineering and Manufacturing professionals throughout the UK. If you are looking for work in this area we may be able to assist you. Contact us directly on and discuss your requirements with one of our dedicated consultants.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'