Role: Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: St Neots
Salary: £30 - £40k PA
Sector: Machined Components (NPD - Oil & Gas)
The Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible for carrying out the duties of the Engineering department, including design, research, prototyping, engineering documentation, and processing work. You will also collaborate with accounts/purchasing and shop/assembly teams on design projects.
YOU will be a Mechanical Design Engineer who has a background / Bias in designing Machined components, covering designs, specifically in NPD (New Product design), Stakeholder/customer management and have working knowledge of AutoCAD, Autodesk, and Inventor design software.
If you are selected for this role you can enjoy a fast pace environment, super interesting designs which will challenge your creativity.
Scope of the role:
· Designing and producing manufacture drawings of bespoke equipment
· Processing of drawings, supplied from customers to manufacture equipment.
· Compiling of job packs to send to workshop/manufacturing production manager.
· Ordering of materials for job packs (laser/folded parts and raw materials)
· Sourcing brought in items that are required for jobs
· Compiling and producing technical and W.I manuals for equipment for end user (risk assessing equipment)
· Occasional site surveys for line layouts and design detail
Please email your cv to
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'