Our client, a global leader in providing thermal management solutions, that designs, develops and manufactures advanced cooling solutions for the telecommunication, medical, military, space and aerospace markets. To take advantage of this expanding market we require a highly motivated individual to join our team.
- To project manage and develop designs from prototype, through pre-production and leading into series production. This will involve preparing cost estimates, budgets for projects and creating schedules/timelines to meet customer requirements.
- To act as principal point of contact and liaise with Customers during the design phase to fully ensure all customer requirements are understood and integrated into the product and the project
- Liaise with Manufacturing Engineers, Quality Technicians & Manufacturing Technicians to manufacture and test the specified solutions.
- Liaise with Manufacturing Engineers, Quality and the Production Department to ensure that any processes introduced meet company and Customer requirements
- To liaise with suppliers, subcontractors and other external organisations
- To work closely with the Sales Department to ensure customers’ expectations are met and to provide additional support for customer visits and exhibitions
- To provide input and be involved with problem solving support to other departments and suppliers when required
- To develop and distribute relevant Engineering documentation and CAD data
- To ensure that project related information is maintained and archived in accordance with Departmental procedures
- To support the Engineering Apprentices and other engineers as and when required to assist in developing them into good engineers
- To ensure that good housekeeping prevails within area of control
- To work with due regard to Health and Safety requirements
- A minimum of 5 years Engineering experience in a design, development and manufacturing environment
- Highly numerate and computer literate
- Analytical problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent technical writing capability
- Expert knowledge of 3D CAD design tools and experience in a number of the following areas: Machined Components, Extrusions, Sheet Metal, Additive Layer Manufacture (ALM) and casting
- Thorough working knowledge of an Engineering Design group
- Must be able to demonstrate high flexibility
- Must be adaptable and have ability to learn new technologies and techniques
- Accurate and diligent
- Ability to manage time, priorities and information efficiently
Desirable but not essential:
- Basic knowledge of thermal solutions design
- Basic knowledge of thermodynamics and fluid flow
- Basic knowledge in a commercial CFD package
- Basic knowledge of Electrical and Electronic aspects of engineering and instrumentation in particular
- Supervision skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or Higher National Certificate in Engineering with relevant experience.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'