A new and exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Mechanical Designer to join a global leader in engineering, modular fabrication, and construction of beverage can making and industrial plant facilities.
Salary - £34,000 - £46,000 dependent on experience
Location - Northampton with regular travel to USA and Europe
POSITION SUMMARY: The Mechanical Designer position is responsible for generating design documents working from sketches, drawings, and/or vendor information provided by project engineers or senior designers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow established AutoCAD standardization / Drafting Standards and utilize established drawing formats and design details from previous projects as directed by the Engineering Design Manager.
- Generate design documents working from sketches, marked-up drawings, and/or vendor information.
- Generate and understand the pre-design structural system for the D&I Process as developed by the client.
- Develop the majority of the project documents based on reference material obtained from similar past projects.
- Maintain drawing files and assemble of bidding documents.
- Accurately complete drawings and other documents.
- Perform document checking on non-complicated drawings developed by other Drafters and Designers.
- Travel domestically and internationally ranging from 0-40% per year.
- Develop and maintain relationships with employees at all locations.
- Conduct activities in a safe and healthy manner and work in accordance with established safety and company requirements.
KNOWLEDGE/ SKILL/ ABILITY/ EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s degree in Computer-Aided Drafting is required.
- Experience in drafting / design experience is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and its advanced features is required.
- Some knowledge of 3D designs using AutoCAD Inventor and/or SolidWorks is preferred.
- Ability to manage time and efforts towards completing designs on time and within budgets is required.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and hands-on experience is strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are required.
- Computer skills and an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows based programs are required.
- Ability to work flexible hours with some weekend and holiday work required.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"