The Company is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. They employ 4,000 people across the UK. In addition to achieving 'Investors In People’ accreditation, they won the Queens Awards for enterprise and international trade. They are entering a period of expansion offering exciting opportunities to work at the forefront of technology and now they are looking to appoint a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their team.
Key Skills: Mechanical Design, System Architecture Processes, CREO, 3D CAD
A high calibre Senior Mechanical Design Engineer is required to complete engineering tasks as assigned by the Integrated Project Team in accordance with engineering common processes.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Provide mechanical design of product, to ensure successful transfer to production.
- Work within the Integrated Project Team, without day to day guidance, providing accurate mechanical engineering output and providing technical information to ensure informed decision making. Manage own elements of the engineering work package.
- Ensure engineering design is best practice by following Company and Engineering life cycle processes.
- Contribution to engineering and project team decisions.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required:
- Knowledge of mechanical system architecture processes. Understanding of mechanical requirements specifications and how to create top-level mechanical system architecture solutions. Familiar with how to establish traceability from requirements to design.
- Familiar with a range of analysis techniques, typical critical factors influencing the results of the analyses and the implications on the performance of the design.
- Knowledge of mechanical detailed design processes. Understanding of how to create detailed design solutions from architectural designs. Familiar with how to establish traceability from concept design to detailed design.
- Familiar with mechanical production processes and techniques and design for manufacture processes. Understands most effects of implementation upon design performance and especially familiar with one or more particular technology domains.
- Familiar with how to record mechanical build standards and modification records.
- Familiar with integration and validation processes at component, module, assembly and system level. Familiar with most physical and functional properties, particularly in one or more technology domains.
- Knowledge of all domains of qualification testing and associated design properties, test requirements and the analysis of results and measurements. Especially familiar with one or more particular aspects of qualification such as EMC, vibration or temperature.
- Familiar with configuration management, procurement, assembly, test and shipping processes.
- Understanding of obsolescence management and failure trend analysis.
- Knowledge of the capabilities and limitations of most common mechanical modelling and analysis tools. Understands the correct use of the tools and how to interpret the analysis results.
- Experience in the use of CREO or similar 3D CAD package
As a member of the Institute of Recruiters (IOR), the Cordius team offers unrivalled expertise; a flexible and personal approach of successful recruitment within Engineering, Supply Chain and Technical disciplines - our highly experienced team of specialist consultants offer professional and transparent services to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates.
- Mechanical Design
- Mechanical Product Design
- System Architecture