A new permanent opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer has become available for a forward thinking global market leader. This company are extremely well established within the market place, providing a wide range of thread & gear grinding machines to a variety of clients around the globe.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer, you must have good knowledge of CAD packages (Inventor 2010) and experience of FEA (Finite Element Analysis). You will be designing new products including grinding machines, sub-assemblies, fixtures, loading mechanisms and tooling.
Mechanical Design Engineer Job Responsibilities;
- Preparation of drawings and BOM’s for manufacture
- Regenerate & Update old & new drawing formats on the CAD system database to standardise drawings where possible.
- Design of gear systems, slide ways, machine bases, hydraulic and pneumatic systems etc. ? 3D CAD Modelling and Draughting on Autodesk Inventor 2010 creating drawings of sheet metal fabricated metal components and castings.
- Produce design solutions that meet customer and internal requirements, conform to safety and other legal requirements
- Preparation of documentation for manufacture and assembly i.e. drawings, bills of materials etc…
To be a successful Mechanical Design Engineer we would like to be talking to candidates who;
- A strong background in 3D Cad Design, FEA, geometric and dimensional tolerances.
- Experience in machine tools design
- Experience in selecting motors, calculate inertia, torque.
- Experience with Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD is essential.
- Relevant qualification i.e. HNC, HND or Degree in Mechanical Engineering Ability to work in a demanding environment providing accurate and timely output to a high standard.
- Competitive salary of £30,000 – £35,000 Per Annum depending on experience
- 25 days holiday + statutory 8 bank holidays
- Great working hours of Monday – Thursday 8:00am-4:30pm, Friday 8:00am–3:30pm
- Pension and healthcare scheme