Based near Bury St Edmunds, our client is involved in the design and manufacture of technical equipment. Due to a sustained period of growth, they are now looking for an additional Mechanical Design Engineer to join their engineering team.
You will be responsible for the design and development of new products and to provide support for existing products. Working within a team of Electronic and Mechanical engineers the position will involve all areas of the product life cycle from initial conception to end of life. Including design, building of prototypes, relevant documentation, control of obsolescence and design assurance.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- To take concepts through to workable production designs using Solidworks 3D software
- Assist with assembly, test of prototypes and first-off project builds
- Produce accurate manufacturing drawings to required specifications
- Detailed knowledge of recent 3D CAD package
- Experience of designing mechanical assemblies to tight tolerances is essential
- Mechanical or Electro-mechanical background
- Experience of MRP, creating BOMs etc.
Due to location, own transportation is essential.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job