Brewster Pratap Engineering Division are working with a Nottingham based Engineering specialist business operating within the automation and materials handling industry as they look to recruit a Mechanical Design Engineer on a 12 month contract.
- Design engineering drawings using a CAD based software
- To assist other application team members
- To assist technical training when necessary
- Designing Pneumatic systems
- Fault finding and root cause analysis for design
- Experience of Electro-Mechanical machine design within industrial, automotive or aerospace industries
- Ideally designing special purpose, automation and/or materials handling equipment
- Minimum 5 years post qualification mechanical design engineering experience.
- Relevant Engineering degree - Mechanical Engineering preferred. Degree equivalent qualification and experience will be considered.
- Demonstrates a good understanding at a machine systems level and considers electrical controls, reliability and maintenance requirements
- Employs a good level of knowledge for complex mechanical system that includes techniques for low volume production; i.e. milling, turning, fabricated frameworks, sheet metal fabrication etc.
- Demonstrates a good level of knowledge in the design of pneumatic systems and a basic understanding of Hydraulic systems.
- Utilises a natural ability for mechanical fault finding and root cause analysis for design verification and debugging. Can demonstrate practical skills for building prototypes and light mechanical assembly work.
- Has expertise in the use of 3D CAD design software (ideally SolidWorks) and related drawing control systems, for mechanical assemblies and parts. Ability to produce 2D Autocad/Draftsight Layout drawings from 3D
- Understanding achievable tolerances, tolerance stack-up and material choice suitability is also a requirement
- Ability to confidently communicate to the wider project team on design choices and progress; interact with sub-contractors and suppliers and contribute to internal and external design reviews
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet customer expectations and deliverables
- A keen interest in and a willingness to keep abreast of advancements in all aspects of engineering
- Competitive basic salary
- On-going Training & Development
- Paid Holiday
Brewster Pratap Engineering is a division of the Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group focusing on the recruitment of talent in engineering, technical and operations jobs in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of accountancy and finance recruitment we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.brewsterpratap.co.uk for more information on engineering Jobs, engineering recruitment, manufacturing Jobs or manufacturing Recruitment.