Mechanical Design Engineer
£45000 - £50000
Our client saves lives! They specialise in manufacturing and supplying Gas detection equipment across the globe.
They are now looking to recruit a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their growing company.
Main objectives of role:
- Responsible for design and development activities for all new products in line with the NPD roadmap. Products range from hand held portable devices to industrial products.
- Responsible for all design and development activities for updates and modifications to existing products.
We are looking for people who have a proven track record in the following;
- To design and develop all new products in line with the relevant product specifications and within the timescales of the NPD programme.
- To be responsible for the full mechanical design cycle from initial idea through to concepts, prototypes, design and implementation in production.
- To support all sustaining engineering tasks including updates and modifications to existing products.
- To act as the mechanical lead and work with development engineers from other disciplines (primarily electronics designers) to produce new products that meet or exceed customer expectations.
- To identify risks and timescales to the project manager.
- To produce all necessary design documentation including design specifications and DFMEA analysis.
- To produce all necessary detailed engineering drawings, BOM's and certification documentation packs to the required standards.
This role is the sole mechanical engineering resource and the candidate will be the point of contact for all mechanical activities across the whole company.