Mechanical Design Engineer
Employment type: Permanent, full-time
Salary: £35,000- £50,000 p.a. + excellent company benefits
Hours: 36.5-hour week, with early finish on a Friday
My client currently has a fantastic opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their business at their office in Worcester. This is a varied position, in which you will work with a close-knit team.
My client designs, supplies and installs Automated Handling Systems and they have been established for over 40 years. The successful candidate will be involved in the process from design through to installation. My client has a global presence and they work with many prestigious clients.
- Designing automated handling systems, including lifts, conveyors and steelworks using AutoCAD
- Calculating material stresses
- Motor and power calculations
- Liaising with sub-contractors, particularly in relation to any installations
- Preparing proposals, providing estimates and technical specifications for client requirements
- Visiting client sites to discuss projects and undertaking site surveys
- Good working knowledge of AutoCAD 2D
- Experience of designing material handling systems or special purpose machinery
- Must be capable of detailing mechanical drawings
- Commercial awareness
My client offers a competitive remuneration package, as well as good company benefits and an early finish on Friday. This role also offers scope for further progression in the future.
If you feel you meet the essential skills, then please click apply today and send us a copy of your current CV. Nolan Recruitment endeavour to respond to all applicants via email or phone to inform you on the outcome of your application. Rest assured you will be fully supported throughout the process.
- Mechanical Design Engineer
- Mechanical engineer
- Automated Handling Systems
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job