Mechanical Design Engineer developing mechanical aspects for new and supporting existing G4S MTL products. Contributing to all aspects of mechanical development, manufacturing and maintenance with a strong emphasize on continuous improvement with the QMS team and supporting the NPI process.
- Work in team to develop excellent, robust and easy to use new products.
- Support efforts that ensure new products quickly reach the market.
- Work towards gaining a strong understanding of customer requirements, to ensure that products will be best in class.
- Develop new IP and ensure that it can be protected by following IP documentation and confidentiality processes.
- Maintain up to date understanding of the technology sectors applicable to the company's current and future products.
- Support and drive the NPI processes to ensure a full and complete product is released.
- Ensure that all Mechanical designs and calculations are fully documented and archived.
- Ensure that all designs are fully type approved to ensure that they meet all aspects of functionality and performance defined in the Requirement Specifications.
- Provide technical support to operations and production teams to ensure product designs are understood and can be correctly manufactured and maintained.
- Providing brief weekly reports on task progress with regularly updated estimates of time elapsed and engineering effort required to complete assigned project tasks.
- Mechanical Design
- Design & manufacture of plastic parts
- BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering or related
- Minimum of 2 years working in a Product Design environment
- Very good communication skills
- Solidworks experience or similar
- Ability to contribute to maintenance and improvement department QMS systems, related to product design.
- Right first time mentality
- Technical experience in a relevant field
- Second relevant language skills
- FMEA experience.