Our client a highly successful manufacturer based in Poole is seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their team.
You will be responsible for mechanical design of loud speaker enclosures and fixing hardware, utilising plywood, metals and bespoke moulded products. Exporting to over 30 countries this is a fast paced and exciting role.
Duties to include:
- The mechanical design of various finished products, and individual components.
- Carrying out detailed mechanical design work including 3D modelling, simulation (eg stress) and design verification testing, as required.
- Responsible for the specification compliance of designs
- Responsible for mechanical part selection taking into consideration obsolescence, availability and cost.
- Highlighting all mechanical technical risks to the Engineering Manager, keeping up to date with the latest manufacturing techniques and drawing standards.
- Responsible for generation of Assembly drawings and bills of materials
- Responsible for meeting design to cost figures
- Working closely with operations, manufacturing and production engineers to ensure products are designed for manufacture
- Creation of technical reports and documentation.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Mechanical Design
- Experience in a similar role ideally within the Audio Industry
- Solidworks experience desirable, also Autocad/Inventor acceptable
- Familiarity with technical specifications
- Knowledge of Audio products (desirable)
- Ability to understand/produce technical drawings
If this sounds like you and you are looking for that next step, then we want to hear from you!
Salary on offer £30K - £40K DoE
Apply now or contact Ross for more details- Mploy Digital & Marketing