Mechanical Design Engineer
Our client, a global provider of engineered electronics, is looking for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join their successful operations in Sheffield.
As Mechanical Engineer you will support the existing product portfolio of Flow, Pressure and Temperature sensing and instrumentation products. The successful candidate will be a team player, comfortable working in a multi-disciplinary environment as part of a small team. This will include working closely with the Sales and Operations teams to support ongoing business for existing products, including variants and customer specials.
Working independently and proactively within a multidisciplinary team as the local product and technology engineering authority for existing products, the role includes:
- Leading value add Engineering projects and Mechanical aspects of NPI projects.
- Support Operations with current product design activities such as drawing updates, reviewing manufacturing methods and ensuring product documentation is kept up to date.
- Provide a high level of support to the Sales team and Customers in engineering aspects of bespoke product variants.
- Provide high quality technical reports supported by simulations and/or lab tests.
- Support Process Engineering team design improvements and jigs/fixtures to provide yield, process or quality improvements for new and existing products.
- Ensure all Company procedures are adhered to - especially EHS and Quality requirements.
- Establish good working relationships with engineers throughout the Division.
- Liaise with both customers and suppliers as required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- University degree in mechanical engineering or mechatronics.
- Appreciation of electronics.
- Experience in Industrial segment.
- Understanding of the design process, DFM techniques, and lean manufacturing.
- Fluent English.
- Experience with Flow, Pressure and Temperature sensors or mechatronics systems preferred.
- Confident to 'stand-alone’ whilst receptive to new concepts and designs.
- Proactive and creative with the ability to provide new solutions/ideas and with a genuine interest in technology development.
- Good communication skills and good customer influence/interaction.
- Strong organisational, multi-tasking and time-management skills.
- Experience of Project Management is desirable.
- International mind-set, able to co-operate with international engineering teams both on company and customer side.
- Experience with SAGE system would be an advantage, but not required.
- Ideally 3+ years’ experience of using Solidworks. Any FEA/Simulation experience would be advantageous.
- Ideally 5+ years in a similar role
If this role sounds perfect for you then please apply online now
Forde Recruitment is part of the Forde Recruitment Group. This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Forde Recruitment Ltd who in this instance is operating as an Employment Business. Unfortunately, due to the high volumes of applications we are currently receiving, we are only able to contact candidates who are successful in progressing to the next stage. If you have not been contacted within 7 days of your application, then please presume that you have not been successful on this occasion and continue to search on our website for future vacancies.