Mechanical Design Engineer
£35,000 - £45,000
Slough / West Berkshire
Our client is a well-established manufacturer with over 100 years in business is currently looking for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer.
We are currently looking for an experience Mechanical Design Engineer to take projects from conceptual stage through to completion, taking into account budgeting and manufacturing requirements.
To plan, implement and manage product development for new and existing products.
To design specification along with supporting ancillaries, i.e. jigs & fixtures in accordance with the strategic business plans.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Experienced with using engineering knowledge and techniques to produce robust, innovative solutions
- Ability to design a mechanical system that integrates with and meets the needs of the optical and electronics systems
- Working familiarity with the Solidworks CAD environment
- Ability to generate technical documentation to BS8888 standards and willingness to work within the company’s SOP’s
- Familiarity with performing engineering calculations and analysis as required e.g. tolerance analysis
- Working familiarity and regular use of a machine shop in order to machine components in metal and plastic
- Experience with bench testing technical concepts to assess feasibility and performance, then develop the chosen concepts into reliable and robust final solutions
- Ability to work closely with suppliers to ensure components can be manufactured consistently and inspected easily
- Experience with fluid mechanics and finite element analysis is also preferable
- 5-10 years’ experience working in a mechanical / design engineer role
- Degree in Mechanical or Design Engineering preferred
- Confident user of Solidworks with a track record in producing designs using 3D CAD software
- Experience designing complex equipment
- Knowledge of Design for Manufacture
- Experience of designing automated systems with expert knowledge of component parts such as: pneumatics, motors, drives, encoders, etc.
- Knowledge of designing with different materials such as: injection moulding, casting, machining and sheet metal
If this role is of interest please click apply now!
Harris Lord is acting as an employment agency for this role. Please also note due to the number of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback to everyone.
Keywords: mechanical, design, engineer, Solidworks, 3D CAD, mechanical engineer, design engineer,
- Design Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Devices
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job