Cathedral Appointments are currently looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join a well-established manufacturing business based just outside of Tiverton, Devon. The client requires a highly qualified, experienced mechanical engineer with practical experience of technical product design, who wants to contribute to production-ready designs while also carrying out R&D in response to customers feedback.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Maintenance and updates to existing designs as well as development of designs from initial concept through to design for manufacture.
- Generating technical documentation such as design and validation reports, production guidelines and manuals.
- Production support for new and existing designs.
- Interface with the production/assembly process, taking an active role to support the production.
- Re-design of existing products for improvements.
- Customise existing product(s) for a customers with specific needs and requirement.
- Solve design-related manufacturing issues by working with the production/manufacturing engineers.
- Assist with R&D design-related issues.
Required Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of five years Mechanical design and development experience.
- Must be highly competent in SolidWorks
- Experience in materials and manufacturing methods applicable to packaging electronic assemblies - plastic extrusion design, injection moulding, sheet metal fabrications, machining, design for manufacture, etc.
- Able to drive a CAD package and complete CAD drawings
The role of the Mechanical Design Engineer is a challenging and rewarding role offering strong personal career development. You will be incorporated into a positive multi-disciplined team working to produce cutting edge technology and engaged at all stages of the product development life cycle.
Due to the location of the role, it is essential that you have access to your own vehicle. You will also be required to work from our client’s Bristol facility as required, although you will be predominantly based at the Devon site. If this sounds like the ideal role for you, please get in touch with Dan Toze at Cathedral Appointments as soon as possible.
Key Words: Product Development Engineer, Product Development, Engineer, Engineering, Manufacturing, Tiverton, Tiverton Jobs, Jobs in Mid-Devon, Jobs in Exeter, Engineering Jobs, Devon Jobs, Technical Product Manager.
- Engineering Design
- Mechanical Design
- Mechanical Engineering