Excellent opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join a highly reputable building services practice on a permanent basis in Manchester. Our client is an award winning, UK top 20 multi discipline property and construction consultancy working on projects in a variety of sectors such as industrial, residential and commercial. They have offices situated throughout the UK, and through providing a number of successful projects, have gained a catalogue of esteemed clients.
The selected candidate will have a variety of roles and responsibilities to assist with the day-to-day project consultancy tasks. They will include:
- Working as part of a design team to deliver detailed design
- Using CAD and BIM (Revit) software todesign the systems required for the project
- Overseeing and supervising the installation of building systems
- Specifying maintenance andoperating procedures
- Attending a range of technical meetings with the project group
- Ensuring that the design and maintenance of building systems adheres to all legislation and requirements
- Advising clients and architects on energy use and conservation in a range of buildings and sites
Essential skills, experience and attributes:
- At least 12 months experience with running projects from conception through to completion.
- Experience of conducting calculations, drawings and adhering to specifications.
- Accredited Building Services degree or alternative qualification (HNC/HND)
- AutoCAD experience (experience with IES modelling and Revit would be advantageous)
- Understanding of UK building regulations
- Good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workloads and meet strict deadlines
- Good eye for detail
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK without visa restrictions.
For more information, please contact Emma Williams on or email emma.william s@ Blueprintrecruit.com and quote 13653EXW. Alternatively, you can apply directly by clicking the 'Apply' option and following the instructions.
- Mechanical Design