Mechanical Design Engineer
- Location: Gateshead, NE8
- Hourly Rate: £16 p/hr
- Duration: 3 Months Contract - Potentially extended
- Hours: 9am-5pm
- Start Date: 5th February 2018
Purpose of the Role: To assist in the provision of a full mechanical engineering design service.
The key roles of this post will include:
1. To implement the standards and policies of the service.
2. To monitor the progress of individual projects, expenditure and employee time and allocated tasks within prescribed timetables.
3. To design and modify drawings and carry out individual projects within expenditure and time constraints.
4. To deal with other services, agencies and the general public.
5. To undertake feasibility studies and project design and provide the management of pre- and post-contract project activities (including dealing with Contractors) all in accordance with the Plan of Work adopted by the Service.
6. To undertake building surveys and/or establish property conditions and/ or recommend remedial action.
7. Such other responsibilities allocated which are appropriate to the grade of the post.
Knowledge & Experience
· Knowledge of Codes of Practice and Regulations.
· Contract Administration and project management.
· Knowledge and experience of CAD and computer software.
· Qualified to HNC/D level
· Broad experience of Mechanical Engineering Design, Installation and Inspection
· Driving licence and access to a car or means to mobility support.
· Degree in Mechanical Engineering and full membership of the CIBSE.
PLEASE SEND YOUR CV TO APPLY ALONG WITH ALL RELEVANT CERTIFICATES
Job Type: Contract
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job