Mechanical Design Engineer
This company are a privately owned designer and manufacturer of locking systems with offices around the world and market experience of nearly 100 years!
This role is crucial to the company's strategic growth plans and, when you join, you'll become a key component of the company's commercial effort moving forward!
What they say about themselves:
- Down-to-earth: We're a global company, yet our team are dedicated to delivering a personal service, whether it's over the phone, in email or face-to-face
- Put customers first: We aim to convey this in all that we do, by understanding what their individual aspirations and needs are
- Problem solvers: We then work to overcome the issues and frustrations that trouble all involved parties with innovative security solutions. Solutions that will dissolve those problems in a unique way
- Act with integrity. Always. Especially when our customer share sensitive information with us
- Add value through expert input: That's why we aim to be a part of the process as early on as possible
- Adapt:To our customers, to trends, for the future. We are willing to work with our customers to adapt or customise our solutions to solve common issues.
- Innovate: Reviewing and when necessary, moving with the market, to ensure our product range responses to current trends
- Protective: We patent our products to give our customers peace of mind and to minimise the risk of third parties copying key blanks. All key blanks are kept and cut by us, so no unauthorised keys can be duplicated
- Diligent: We implement rigorous testing to ensure our products live up to both our customers' and the industry standards. We take into consideration the threats posed on the enclosure based on its value and environment
- Reliable:We deliver to our customers on time, after putting orders through our internal quality procedures. We do this during the design and manufacturing process to make sure our products are reliable and have been built to last
As the Mechanical Locking Design Engineer you will work closely with the existing product development team assisting in the continual improvement of reliability and quality of the existing product range. In addition to being tasked with initiating and developing new patentable locking mechanism designs as so directed by the senior management team.
- Bachelor's degree/HND in Mechanical Engineering, with work experience with the mechanical locking security industry.
- Minimum of five years engineering experience in a security industry.
- Be a competent & experienced user Autodesk Inventor or other 3D CAD package with a willing to pick up Autodesk quickly.
- Experience producing 3D CAD models and 2D technical drawings for manufacturing.
- Familiar with preparing patent applications.
- Understanding of the international regulatory standards, and apply them to design to achieve the necessary grades.
- Familiar with machining and various metal additive manufacturing methods. casting and injection moulding techniques/tooling designs.
- Industry specific knowledge of cylindrical and mortise lock designs, locking mechanisms, cylinder types and interfaces.
Salary & Benefits
Competitive Salary in range of £35 - £45k plus 25 days holiday
- access control
- wireless locking