Senior Mechanical Design Engineer Role and Responsibilities AutoCAD / Mechanical Design / SolidWorks / Rail / Locomotives / Rolling Stock
* Design of close tolerance machined components, castings and moulded parts, pressed metal components, shaft, bearing / seal design and component selection
* Build and manage complex 3D models and 2D manufacturing drawings
* Undertaking design analysis including lifetime and strength calculations on rotating parts and structures
* Creating design layouts and schematics for design solutions
* Accountability for cradle to grave ownership of a product or design
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer Skills and Abilities- AutoCAD / Mechanical Design / SolidWorks / Rail / Locomotives / Rolling Stock
* A minimum of 5 years experience as a Mechanical Design Engineer in a Rolling Stock Environment
* A relevant qualification in a Mechanical Engineering discipline
* Rotating machinery design experience
* Excellent understanding of design for Manufacture, machining tolerances, GD&T
* Experience producing DMFEA documents
* A good understanding of the rail approval process is advantageous
Senior Mechanical Design / CAD Designer / AutoCAD / Draughtsman / Mechanical / SolidWorks / Sheet Metal / Machining / Rolling Stock / Trains / Rail / Locomotives / 2D design / 3D design
If this role could appeal please do apply now!
- Rolling Stock
- Mechanical Design Engineer
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'