My clients based in Hertfordshire are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer with workshop skills.
This role is commutable from Luton, Dunstable, Welwyn, St. Albans, Watford, Enfield, Edgeware, Harrow, Hayes, Uxbridge, Slough, Chesham, Amersham.
My clients are an engineering & design charity who make custom disability equipment including short production run disability sporting equipment.
Their ideal candidate profile:
• A formal education in product design, industrial design or mechanical design engineering and demonstrable experience in one or more of these fields.
• An Intermediate/Advanced user of software for design and visualisation - eg. Autocad, Autodesk, Inventor, Fusion 360, Solidworks or similar. Able to understand how to model and produce production drawings.
• Confident and competent using additive and subtractive manufacturing methods.
• Experience with workshop manual/CNC machine & hand tools for prototyping and manufacturing such as lathes, milling machines, pillar drills, routers, band saws, linishers, vacuum forming, laser cutting, welding, blast cleaning, powder coating, 3d printers etc. A mix of practical skills is important. Experience with software such as VCarve, PyCAM, MasterCAM or OneCNC would be advantageous.
• Loves designing, prototyping and building stuff.
• Gets a buzz from solving problems and helping others solve theirs.
• Comfortable working closely and collaboratively with users at all stages of the design process.
• Inquisitive and eager to continuously improve and learn and to help others do the same.
• Naturally collaborative, ego-light and able to give and take critique constructively.
• Someone who cares about their work and the impact it has on others.
• Someone who will contribute widely to the team effort
The salary for this position is up to c£35k per annum plus benefits.
To apply for this Mechanical Designer role based in Herts please contact us ASAP!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"