Mechanical Design Engineer, Harrogate
Due to expansion, an established engineering business on the outskirts of Harrogate are looking to appoint an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join their motivated and highly skilled team. To be considered you ideally be educated to degree level with previous experience in a mechanical design role, HNC/HND qualified engineers can also be considered if they are suitability experienced
To be considered, you should have a sound understanding of fundamental engineering principles and their practical applications, in addition to a a high degree of proficiency in the use of 3-D CAD systems. Previous experience of working within the automotive industry would be highly beneficial.
- Develop 3-D conceptual designs which meet customer requirements using ProEngineer/Creo,
- Carry out stress, modal and thermal analysis of electrical machines using finite element analysis (ANSYS package).
- Progress existing concepts to a fully detailed design which takes into account component tolerances, fits, etc. and is suitable for manufacture;
- Whilst taking a lead in a variety of mechanical engineering activities, to liaise with electro-magnetic, electrical, hardware and software engineers in the development of new electrical machine designs and improvement of existing products;
- To maintain accurate design records in accordance with company document control procedures;
- To prepare preliminary material lists based on design specifications
- To supervise the assembly and testing of prototype electrical machines
- To work as part of a team, ensuring projects meet all technical and commercial requirements;
- To respond to internal and external customer enquiries.
On offer: a competitive package, an excellent working environment, a wide range of interesting and challenging activities and opportunities for international travel. A relocation package may also be considered