Our client is the UK’s leading independent concrete building product manufacturer.
They are now looking to appoint a Mechanical Design Engineer to join them at their Head Office in Knottingley.
Reporting to the Production Director and working within the current Engineering Projects Team, the Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible for support and development projects at eight highly automated concrete building production plants located throughout the UK.
• Design, specify, develop and update current production equipment
• Liaise with production & engineering management to optimise current systems
• Identify updates to improve / enhance performance
• Perform conceptual design drawing for approval and subsequent development
• Produce CAD drawings from design to manufacturing drawings
• Maintain awareness of problematic process areas and design out problem areas
• Project management of upgrades and new installations
• Understand engineering workshop practice including fabrication and machining processes
• Produce financial justification for improvement / development projects
What they are looking for:
• Ideally an Engineering Graduate in a relevant associated Mechanical Engineering discipline with previous industrial experience, or holding time served experience offering equivalent professional knowledge
• A good understanding and experience of both automated mechanical handling systems and structural design principles
• Draughting experience using AutoCAD 2D / 3D or similar CAD packages is essential
• Ability to appreciate existing proven principles whilst evaluating potential for improvement
• A sound knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical control systems would be advantageous
Due to the diverse nature of the role, the successful candidate must be comfortable in both a design and development role and that of active participation in installation, commissioning and routine operation fault diagnostics.
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.