JOB OVERVIEW: Mechanical Design Engineer / Senior Mechanical Design Engineer (automotive /aviation R&D) sought by market leading innovative electronic systems company who provide solutions predominantly to the automotive and aviation sectors.
You absolutely MUST have demonstrable skills in Solid Modelling and Finite Element Analysis with the ability to carry out stress analysis by manual means.
Contract type: Permanent
Salary : Negotiable but as a guide £40-£50K basic plus benefits package.
Location - Oxford area.
Start date - March / April
THE ROLE & OPPORTUNITY
As a result of expansion my client has an exciting new vacancy for a senior Mechanical Engineer.
Duties will include:
1. Conceptual design, analysis and modelling of prototypes for automotive / aviation industry
2. Co-operation in the specification, design, build and operation of static and dynamic mechanical test rigs.
3. Supporting customer prototype evaluation activities.
Work will be carried out in accordance with ISO 9001:2015 requirements.
Working conditions: Normal office and light workshop environment with occasional travel as required to customers’ sites and test facilities.
The ideal applicant will:
1. Be a graduate of a reputable university.
2. Have good understanding of Physics and Applied Mechanics.
3. Have demonstrable skills in Solid Modelling and Finite Element Analysis with the ability to carry out stress analysis by manual means. My client uses Solid Edge and Strand 7 (FEA), but specific package knowledge is not an essential requirement.
4. Be a team player, ideally with some relevant industrial experience in an automotive / aviation R&D environment and happy to get involved with the hardware.
5. Possess good communication, IT and reporting skills.
6. Be able to work accurately under pressure with minimal supervision and maximum enthusiasm to ensure customer satisfaction with the company’s products.
7. Ideally had some experience managing / leading other colleagues or have an appetite to do so in time
WHAT'S ON OFFER;
• The chance to join a highly established proven market leader who continually invest in their solutions to stay ahead of the competition
• A comprehensive learning and development program and genuine career prospects
• An excellent hard working but fun close "family" oriented collaborative working environment
• A highly competitive financial rewards package
If you are a good match then please send a CV immediately to learn more about this excellent rare and diverse permanent career opportunity!
Keywords: Mechanical Design Engineer, Engineering, Electro-Mechanical, FEA, Finite Element Analysis, simulation, structural analysis, stress, CNC, aerospace, electronics, defence, metal, Autodesk Inventor, ANSYS, CAD, AutoCAD, Solidworks, draughtsman,
This vacancy is being advertised by ChilliFrog Ltd. The services advertised by ChilliFrog Ltd are those of an Employment Agency.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'