As a key member of the mechanical design team, you will be responsible for the design of the mechanical package of our next generation & existing tyre pressure sensors, as well as supporting their development for high volume production and their introduction to our worldwide customers.
You will meet many interesting engineering challenges as you work on our high precision and high volume products which must operate reliably under extreme loads and in harsh environments.
Main duties will include:
• Develop, manage and be responsible for the individual projects based on the future Product Roadmap and in support of existing product designs.
• Review Customer specifications and produce & present technical presentations to external Customers
• Produce CAD models, drawings and ensuring the correct analysis is completed for new products and modifications to existing product designs
• Co-ordinate the prototype building, testing, validation and post analysis support activities of new products & modifications to existing product designs
• Liaise with other departments & suppliers in the support of design development activities
• Support the continual development of the Mechanical Team including continuous improvement, process development and training
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering (Minimum 2:1) or equivalent.
• Experience in 3D CAD packages & 2D drawing preparation.
• Good communication skills (both written and verbal with report writing experience).
• Highly computer literate / proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Initiative, team working, research & problem solving skills are essential.
• A valid driver’s licence is required.
• Ideally have 1 to 3 years work experience in a similar environment
• Knowledge of Catia, Unigraphics and/or Solid Works CAD Modelling Packages.
• Experience of plastics and/or rubber moulding
• Experience of high volume manufacturing processes.
This will be a full time role based in Antrim, Northern Ireland. Occasional foreign travel may be required to support project deliverables (e.g. Customer visits, Supplier Visits).
Our client is committed to the provision of training, development and promotion opportunities. A comprehensive Induction program is also available to all our new employees.
Please note that all successful candidates must undergo a medical examination which includes a drugs test.