Mechanical Design Draughtsman
Mechanical Design Draughtsman - Northumberland - Circa £32,000 + Generous Holidays & Sociable Working Hours
Your new company
Your new company is a specialist engineering organisation within the Offshore Oil & Gas and Marine industries. Their focus is developing specialist products that assist in fluid transfer from offshore reserves to FPSO/FSU units, as well as accommodating the requirements of traditional fixed platforms and jack-up rigs. They are looking for a Design Draughtsman to join the team to work on many exciting projects that are taking place over the coming months.
Your new role
Your new role will involve producing and checking engineering drawings using both 2D and 3D CAD systems (AutoCAD and Autodesk Inventor). You will be required to plan, control and undertake the day to day engineering tasks for their allocated projects as well as supporting their nominated project manager/project engineer. You will be required to work to project specifications, work to agreed timescales and man hour allocation, to the required technical accuracy.
What you'll need to succeed
- Recognised Engineering Apprenticeship would be beneficial.
- HNC Engineering Discipline (or equivalent).
- 3 years related Design Draughting Experience using AutoCad and Autodesk Inventor.
- Previous experience with offshore equipment would be advantageous.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Be able to technically represent their discipline in a multi-disciplined team.
- Be able to effectively plan and control their own workload, and that of other team members as dictated by project requirements.
- Be self-motivated and proactive in progressing the Engineering deliverables required for their projects.
- Be willing to adapt to change.
What you'll get in return
Asides from the competitive salary and generous holidays and benefits package, you will get the chance to work for a specialist engineering organisation on a range of exciting projects.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'