Mechanical Crafts Person
Mechanical Crafts Person
Salary: Up to £33,288 per annum, dependant on experience
Hours: 37.5 per week
Do you want to be part of a vibrant and dynamic team? The Charitable Hospital of St John & St Elizabeth is looking for an experienced Mechanical Crafts Person to join our busy Estates department.
The successful applicant will have had previous experience of working in a hospital environment, as well as general mechanical installation and maintenance experience. Competency in carrying out work on large water and drainage systems is required, as well as a qualification in a relevant mechanical or technical subject. This is a great opportunity for someone to hit the ground running in a thriving and busy environment.
Located in leafy St John’s Wood on the Jubilee line, minutes from Central London, our luxury private Hospital has an international reputation for providing the highest quality of care to patients and is unique in that all profits fund our onsite Hospice, St John’s.
Your key responsibilities
- to demonstrate a high degree of technical knowledge and practical expertise, which enables you to work diligently, effectively and flexibly to support core business activity and operations.
- to reduce the incidence of costly breakdowns, expected in an acute hospital environment, using thorough investigative and diagnostic appraisals and effective reporting.
- to work with other trades as part of a team to provide a flexible multi trade workforce.
- To attend all applicable electrical works to plant, equipment, fabric, including breakdowns, modifications, amendments, alterations, and improvements for new and existing installations.
Why work for us?
At our Hospital we are passionate about providing our employees with a supportive and engaging environment. As well as ongoing development and training, we offer our employees a wide range of benefits; from 27 days annual leave, generous private healthcare cover, contributory pension schemes - including continuation of the NHS pension.
Working with us, all eligible employees receive;
- Competitive pay with progressive band structuring, as well as generous unsociable hours enhancements (if applicable)
- For employees joining us from the NHS, we can provide continuation of your NHS pension
- Contributory pension schemes to suit all pockets.
- Private healthcare cover of up to £20,000 per year
- 27 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays
- Ongoing training and development programmes
- Discounts at local, national and online shops
- Interest-free season ticket loans
- Cycle to work loan scheme
- Employee "Service Excellence" recognition rewards
- Childcare vouchers
- £1,000 Refer a Friend scheme
If you are ready for a new challenge and relish the chance to become part of a successful, forward thinking organisation then we would love to hear from you.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"